Monday, October 6, 2014

Breaking chains, taking names

A big reason why I love being a part of Oiselle, is the transparency and variety of women that are on the team.  We all bring something different to the table, but there are also a lot of similarities.

Reading other women's stories is not only inspirational, but most times I find someone that I can relate to in what I'm going through, even if it is Kara Goucher or Lauren Fleshman (some of the elite runners).

My willingness to share openly about struggles and chains is for the good of healing.  I call it, having power over the past & gaining courage for the future.  The test is part of your testimony, so why not share!  I value the stories that other women share from their past.  For me, becoming transparent hasn't been easy.  I think I was afraid of judgement and what other people would think.  I felt like I wasn't good enough.  I felt alone.   

Once I started sharing and opening up all the negativity went away.  If I can be an inspiration to someone else, my story is worth sharing.  Chains have been broken and labels have been torn down in my life.  I am not a failure, I am not a race time (constant battle coming back from an injury), I am so much more as a woman.

What chain/label do you need to break today?


Wilson Phillips-Hold On

No comments:

Post a Comment